20130128

Divide Bravo Six



You've seen this one before. The difference is in the structural math. In the past year I've been clarifying my designs to more accurately demonstrate their visual properties, and take full advantage of the individual yarns used in each iteration. This pursuit has had me changing needle sizes, increasing stitch counts, doubling up yarn… all sorts of things. I have a penchant for over-analysis.



Basically it's bigger. The structural math from Bravo Five has been applied to the original navy version. This is the last of this particular italian wool yarn, so it's the final one in this color. I have just enough for one more (for me). But yeah: bigger. Stitches per row has been increased, and this added about three fourths of an inch to the overall length. I think this one needed it because these thicker yarns don't slouch all that much.

Now I need to start focusing on the higher gauge stuff for Spring. With February looming, I need to start work on the Reflect Series, and it's going to be nice working with all the thread weight merinos I've been hoarding all winter.

Etsy Shop Listing

2 comments:

  1. jerome i've been knitting! you'd laugh at what i do (especially my lame button holes!) but at least im knitting! your knitting makes mine look like it's still a ball of wool.

    you. are. so. clever.

    do you have any deep emerald green wool in that collection of yours.....?

    xx erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, buttonholes mean you're doing sweaters which is more advanced than me, so that's pretty great!
    I do have just enough of this green wool for one more of these, but I haven't started it yet:
    http://gridjunky.blogspot.com/2012/06/shear-charlie-2.html

    ReplyDelete