20120109

Blue Quietude

Divide Bravo 3 (Sold)

See how much I like this pattern? This is Divide Bravo again. One of the things I like a lot is how a 2x1 rib retains shape. I like 2x2 too, but it contracts the finished hat like a sweater sleeve so that the crown looks pointy. I prefer it to look more bulbous. Having just one purl on the repeat works out pretty perfect.

Another thing I like about this pattern is the mathematical harmony. All the pattern stitches are equal. That is to say each one is based on a stitch count of three, with the base pattern being a knit 2, purl 1 rib (2+1=3). I guess that consistency is pretty easy to achieve when you think about it since lots of things can happen in a three stitch repeat.

The yarn I used is a 100% wool recycled from a women's J Crew sweater. It's an interesting blend of colors. Along with the light blue and white fibers, there are traces of red that play with the overall appearance, dancing between light blue and lavender. The color complexity lends itself well to pairings with warm neutrals like brown and tan which pull these visual hues back towards light blue.

I guess I should move on though, and begin sketching out ideas for Divide Charlie. Winter is young, and I have way too much yarn.

Etsy Shop Listing

No comments:

Post a Comment