20100512

wanderings: Needles & Roses

All this sweater ripping has yielded lots of thinner yarns from cobweb weight to sport weight, so yesterday I took a bike ride over to The Bobbin's Nest to pick up some much needed knitting needle sizes. Visiting my local yarn store always makes me feel totally motivated to knit. I love that.

Halo StarPlaytime

Afterwards I rode around and ended up at the San Jose Heritage Rose Garden. It's kind of a weird place, a bit off like much of San Jose. Located near the San Jose Airport, there are always planes roaring overhead. The surrounding area consists of open lots with dilapidated roads which the SJPD uses occasionally for training exercises. All that aside, the garden is really cool.

SunblazeSunblaze Cutting

I took a cutting of Orange Sunblaze, and after reading this rose propagation article (among others), I'm attempting to get it to root. It's my first time trying this, so we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. wow the universe is about all things rose related at the moment. i never ever have proper bunches of roses but tonight i have 10 red roses on my desk!

    looking forward to rose cutting updates, i think its fairly tricky... you need to talk to my grandmother! she has green rosie thumbs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Defenitely not as simple as the basil from a while back. Fortunately I happen to have some rooting powder. I'll admit I'm a little excited...

    ReplyDelete